I, for one, would revel in the chance to get down and stinky in a jungle with a bunch of babes, a bunch of has-been stars of yester year and a bunch of terrifying bugs! you know why? because I truly believe that it would be a life changing experience. I believe that they really do get starved in there with 600 calories per day (unless their last Trial contestant was any good) - I believe they really do sleep amongst it all and have to endure spiders spinning webs over their faces at night or the odd huge, terrifying, dragon looking lizard crawling through their camp. I really do believe those beans they consume are rank (just look at them).
It's honest. The TV Show might try and manipulate the survival element as much as possible but beyond that - they wont really know how each individual celeb will react in there. This is why it is genius. It's like early Big Brother in that respect. Each year, to me at least, is different from the next. It is a social experiment.
But you know who I think would 100% own the jungle? Alex Reid. This is a new theory for me. I think I had assumed that he'd have already done it - he seems like the type. Now over the last couple of days I keep on seeing that handsome sod literally everywhere I unintentionally look -
1) I saw him on a re-run of old-school Gladiators (when it was awesome!)
2) I saw him as an Extra on the British film 'Sliding Doors'
3) I saw him on a YouTube video of past Big Brother contestants
4) I saw him shagging a woman in the woods and growling (..or something)
Anyway, in my opinion Alex would rule the jungle and probably win. Why? Well..
- He's a decent bloke.
- He's a bit weird (but in a quality way).
- He'd probably punch an ostrich in the face rather than be scared of it.
- He'd eat anything (that's a given!!).
- He'd probably shag a female campmate or two... might even dabble with a man, if the pickings are slim...
- He'd get his kit off (probably as soon as the sky dive out of the plane) which would increase ratings.
I've never voted before for anything but hell I'd vote for him to be King.
I also think, importantly, his motivation wouldn't be to do it to be well liked by fans, or to increase his fame or any shite like that. He'd do it because he'd want to endure the challenge.
So if you read this Reid, you should go for it son. You wont regret it.
So Alex, how much anus would you eat to get on TV?