Monday 30 January 2012

For(e) Skins - My Problem with E4's Skins

Ok, to mark the 2nd episode of the 6th Season of Skins (that is on as I type) I thought I'd explain why I'm not the biggest fan of Skins anymore...

I feel like I have to defend it too much. When my mates are telling that it's shit, aimed at 15/16 year olds etc (which is exactly true) I tell them that any show that brought Emily Fitch (from the 2nd Generation) to my attention should be hailed as great because she's very fit. Even her twin sister got fit by their second series (season 4)...

The problem is that now we are in the 3rd Generation, it's becoming harder & harder to like any of the cast. this has a lot to do with me getting older - but I think it's also that the new lot are rubbish.

Rich displays about as much emotional depth as a dildo & has only slightly improved due to his Taylor Lautiner style hair cutting makeover. This episode, so far, sucks balls by the way...

Alo looks like the sort of kid who would steal all of your milk at school and then laugh like a thick person without blinking. his clothing style is so bad sometimes it makes me feel a bit ill. Plus he's far too pale.

Grace is boring, Mini's accent gets in the way of her being fit, Nick is a crap actor, his wide-eyed-unblinking brother is the most annoying character on any tv show, Liv just said "I thought you were metal" so I hate her. Now she's crying. Fuck my life this show is shit... Frankie is the only character with any shred of an interesting quality but I'd still replace her with any of the 2nd Generation (except JJ or Thomas) in a heartbeat.

Having said all of this, I hated the 1st Generation more than either of the other two purely because of that actor who played the irritating little shit from About A Boy. I don't care that he got older. His face was still FUCKING annoying. (if it wasn't for him I'd have liked the 1st Gens the best.. their stories were the best and for some reason I really liked that strange episode with that fucked up girl Sketch)

I honestly don't know why I watch this shit any more. Unless the next episode includes guest appearances of Emily, Katie, Effy (even though she's a fucking knob), Naomi, Michelle & Mini (muted) all lezzing off together I'm calling it a day on the world of Skins.

Join me wont you?


2 comments:

  1. Next episode is a good 'un id rate it as the best one outta the whole series so give that a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh? How do you know? Were you working on this show?

    ReplyDelete